Coronavirus - Here's a Positive Bent

over 4 years ago
mystic_suntiger's photo

SunTiger (mystic_suntiger)

495 posts

With current world events and social-distancing, we have more time to reflect on things that genuinely make us happy.

• Got a porcelain toilet bowl? You’re way more lucky than so many people in the world.
  • Take a hot shower today? Man! You’re really blessed!

Focus on all the things around you that make you feel privileged and your mood will brighten. Now is the perfect time to purge from your life whatever relationships and things are no longer serving your best interest.

My daughters and I held a wine-sipping party via Oracle.Zoom.US the other day. Zoom is where you can schedule conference calls with your loved ones. Others are using Skype or FaceTime or they are connecting with family and friends through Facebook’s video calls. Whatever technology you can use to connect with other people – USE IT!

The fact that you have access to Internet means you are way more wealthy than so many millions of people around the world.

Is the sun shining? Bingo. You’re blessed. Take this opportunity to pursue pleasures that are unique to you … read a book, take a bubble bath, turn on some beautiful music.

It’s important to social distance yourself because the sooner this virus stops spreading the faster we all can go back to living our normal social lives.

Be healthy and happy! Love and light,

SunTiger

over 3 years ago
miss_tula's photo

Miss tula (miss_tula)

2140 posts

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING ALL THIS OUT THERE BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE REFUSE TO BEILIVE THAT THIS SICKNESS IS OUT THERE OR THAT IT IS REAL. THE SAD PART IS THAT IT IS HERE TO STAY AND YEAH, THIS IS THE NEW NORM, BUT WE CAN GET AROUND IT BY STOPPING THE SPREAD BY ABIDING IN NOT CATCHING IT AND NOT GIVING IT TO ANYONE! ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR GETTING THIS MESSAGE OUT!

over 3 years ago
carolinekarma's photo

♥ Caring Clarity ♥ (carolinekarma)

20 posts

I really loved this thanks :) xx

over 3 years ago
yinyanglyn didn't upload a photo

☯L y n☯ (RETIRED ACCOUNT) (yinyanglyn)

7 posts

Thank you for this post. This perspective counteracts poverty-consciousness!

over 3 years ago

Thanks! Such a sweet reminder.

over 3 years ago
mystic_suntiger's photo

SunTiger (mystic_suntiger)

495 posts

Thank you Miss Tula, Caroline, YinYangLyn, and LoveSizeMedium for your wonderful feedback.

I know it can be REALLY difficult to find things to feel positive about when we’re still in the middle of this pandemic. I don’t believe in toxic positivity (meaning, I don’t think we should PRETEND to feel happy when many of us truly at the end of our ropes right about now. Many of us just need time to grieve!

So while the world is addressing its losses, I’d like to offer more ways to survive these trials that we will face up ahead. Sometimes we need HELP to see any good out of the struggle we endure. So I’m offering a few ideas . . .

1. I have changed many business relationships after learning what organizations would continue to provide high quality services through the worst of times. EXAMPLE: switched banks when one would not answer its phone and found another credit union that would allow drive through services! YOU ALSO HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE WITH WHOM YOU DO BUSINESS WITH OR NOT!

2. I also shop at new stores that have better safeguards in place to protect their customers and employees (unlike some of the stores that I used to shop). Employee/customer safety is something I value highly. C-19 has shown us what the character of various businesses are all about! DEVIANT BUSINESSES NO LONGER HIDE THEIR GREED BUT GOOD BUSINESSES ARE SHOWING THEY HAVE HEART! We now form professional alliances knowing full well who we are dealing with!

3. Relationships with good friends have grown stronger during the pandemic. I know my friends now call me on a weekly basis when we were too often too busy to connect on any kind of regularly in the past). YOU CAN CALL PEOPLE YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT AND CHECK IN ON THEM!

4. Scientists have learned so much more about our bodies and they now know how our immune systems fights diseases better. This might seem like a small thing but it really has created a giant leap in medicine!

Be well everyone. When you feel like you are in a place of utter despair – please call the suicide hotline. In America, that number is 800-273-8255. (You can find your local support number by searching “suicide hotline.”)

Let’s get through this crazy time together!

over 2 years ago

Good reminder